Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2008 - Best Tile Adhesive For Walls And Floors? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Sully

BAL for me everytime. Some may say it's overpriced but you're not just buying a bag of adhesive, your paying for tech support (which for example Profix / Dunlop don't offer to the same extent) and piece of mind.

You pay's your money, you gets your product and you walk of a job with a bit more piece of mind :yesnod:.

G

garyc4507

theres only one adhesive for me its bal with an a1 back up :83: you can shove your cheap granfix :santa_cheesy:

S

stev1904

profix have had no problems with it :gettree::46: Wall adhesive I use Bal Mapie or Webber which ever I can get the cheapest at the time

B

bobbin

Benfer for me, never had a problem, and works exactly how I need it too. If I ever have a problem, then I will more than likely go to BAL. Until then, I'll stick to me guns. :83:

T

tile55

Mostly mapei for me on the floor and walls, however I do use a lot of Granfix supergrip for kitchens - excellent consistancy and non-slip properties.:gettree:

JCT

TF
Reaction score
Granfix for me. Their supergrip adhesive is the best non slip adhesive in the business.

Been using a lot of mapei recently which is good but costs nearly double the money. I get a tub of granfix for £5.50

C

CTD inverness

I've been using Palace gear (it's bagged up as Excel Bond at Tile Clearing House stores) and to be honest it's dirt cheap and does what it's supposed to do.

I don't understand why some traders would spend £25.99 on a BAL product when at a Tile Clearing House you can get the same stuff for £13.50!!

My local one in Orpington, Kent has just started selling a slow-set white powder adhesive for walls and floors, interior and exterior, for £12.99 a 20kg bag. Can anyone beat that??

buying adhesive is like anything else, if you buy a cake with no sugar in it its still a cake just not as good because it doesnt have all the ingrediants.
BAL and MAPEI have all the ingrediants

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2008 - Best Tile Adhesive For Walls And Floors? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks