Discuss Small cuts at doorway in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi folks, first time poster and starting to tile my kitchen soon in 600 square tiles. The layout I have set out currently is spot on with all the tiles working well with the kitchen units and walls and French doors. The only issue I have is the door from the hall which is in a small hall that then opens up to the main room. The section is 1400 wide and I have a tile running centrally to it but the way they fall it leaves about 75mm cut at the door threshold. I understand that the layout could all shift but this would through out other items like the tiles falling in a really nice spot in the patio doorway and between the cooker and the island having a tile central on it. Is this cut at the doorway too small? There will be a different tile on the other side of the doorway. Thanks in advance.

D

Dumbo

The thing is working with tiles you often rob Peter to pay Paul, by this I mean if you are happy with one thing but not so with another you have to decide what is most important to you .

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking.
I suppose my thinking is what the consensus of having a strip 75mm immediately through the door followed by full tiles...given the size of the room and the small amount of time anyone would see this area I'm thinking to just run with it!

Reaction score
As long as your happy, then go for it. 👍
Thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasnt being stupid including that cut. If it didnt impace the other elements that are falling in perfectly then I would but I dont think its going to be a massive eye sore or anything when its one strip the width of a doorway plus about another 6inches either side.

Reply to Small cuts at doorway in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks