Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma 3B4M or older model?s in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I have two max handle cutters and can't fault them.

OP
L

LM

@PKH my advice would be to go for the slightly bigger 3C3M, the reason for this is that although you don't intend on fitting any formats larger than 600mm if you have any cuts to do on the rake etc the smaller machines limit this unless you adjust the guide bar. The 725mm cutting length of this machine allows you to quickly handle most raked cuts easily without having to adjust the guide bar, which is also longer and hence more practical. A Max series will cut tiles easier than any other range, but a bigger machine will also handle 600's easier than a smaller machine.
This is just my personal preference and for the sake of an extra £40 or so I think it's well worth it :)

OP
P

PKH

Many thanks, all. I've just ordered the 3C3M. It was actually the same price as the 3B4M, so other than taking up a bit more space, definitely the right thing to do. Will report back on how I get on with it.

Almost certainly overkill for DIY, but I like quality tools that allow a DIY person to achieve professional results - in my case, I work at about 10% of the speed, but find it very satisfying. I reckon it will last me a lifetime (I do about four tile jobs a decade!).

So that's the straight cuts sorted. I have lots of mitres to do as well, and some L-shaped pieces with mitres on the inner edges (for windows reveal). I'll start another thread about a wet cutter.

Reply to Sigma 3B4M or older model?s in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock