Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing required? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

Do these tiles need sealing? I have heard quartz don't need sealing but just checking. I don't know the name of the tiles sorry, only what's on the box
4f4257df-c71b-3a6a.jpg

tapatalk on my HTC

T

Topshop

You shouldn't need to seal them according to most ES manufacturers. Be careful what you clean those with post install. The plastic that binds them is sensitive to being etched by many chemicals (bleach, acetone, etc) despite what the manufacturers of them say.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mike

You shouldn't need to seal them according to most ES manufacturers. Be careful what you clean those with post install. The plastic that binds them is sensitive to being etched by many chemicals (bleach, acetone, etc) despite what the manufacturers of them say.
they are clean, no marks at all thanks. if i ask at the tile shop i know they'll say seal just to be certain so we buy the sealer but i guess it's pointless if it's just going to sit on the tile surface, and yeah rob, i think they'll look good at anfield:thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
were you fixing them mike liverpools ground

Not in the trophy room Mike :smilewinkgrin: Nothing to put in it, just memories.

I've fixed these tiles and not sealed them. The tiles were on a water display as well, but i did seal the grout using Drytreat.

M

Mike

Not in the trophy room Mike :smilewinkgrin: Nothing to put in it, just memories.

I've fixed these tiles and not sealed them. The tiles were on a water display as well, but i did seal the grout using Drytreat.
ha ha john, glass houses and stones come to mind :lol: these are in a conservatory. they're chinese i think cos i found a scribbled note in one box which looked like chinese writing

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ha ha john, glass houses and stones come to mind :lol: these are in a conservatory. they're chinese i think cos i found a scribbled note in one box which looked like chinese writing

I had the same on mine, and when I googled the translation it came back as "Peking Duck with Hoi Sin sauce, extra rice".

M

Mike

Here's the finished floor for john to see. Pics are poor as the sun was shining through the windows.
4f4c45ab-f008-948f.jpg
4f4c45ab-f022-1dfa.jpg
4f4c45ab-f033-538c.jpg

tapatalk on my HTC

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Floor looks great, but strange choice IMO. Was it a footballer by any chance or the WAG?

Reply to Sealing required? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen