Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing polished porcelain ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

It should have been MPG then..

What you can do is apply some more sealer and then buff off whilst the sealer is wet, this should remove the streaky residue you have now..

D

DHTiling

Work in small sections as it will be hard work..

Use white paper towel to remove the sealer whilst wet and then yes a nice terry towel to buff up.. You will need plenty elbow grease.. trust me you will get a sweat on :)

P

paulemillar

Thanks for that, out of interest, would that machine be any good, as it is quite a large area.

D

DHTiling

This from MPG pdf..

Over applied and un-buffed sealer will dry and leave a
greasy residue on the surface. To remove, apply white spirit or a little more sealer and then buff
immediately.

D

DHTiling

Thanks for that, out of interest, would that machine be any good, as it is quite a large area.

I have looked at that machine.. but if you look on ebay there are larger 15 inch machines that will buff it in a crack.. it is hard work hence why i am looking for a nice buffer.

P

paulemillar

Yeah I would get one if it would do a better job/quicker job. I believe it will need sealed every year so would be worth it. Next question, what if the wax is on it?

E

enduro

I would use Aquamix Sealer & coating remover..this will remove the sealer and any wax thats on the tile. You will need a rotary scrubber and a wet vac really to do an area this size. www.tradetiler.co.uk a forum sponsor sells this it is in the sealer section on his web site in the problem solving section.

Reply to Sealing polished porcelain ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen