Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sealing polished porcelain ? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

paulemillar

Hi Guys,
Well, we have had about 100 sqm of the beige B&Q windsor 600x600 polished porcelain tile laid. Tiler is finished and we are left with the job of scrubbing and sealing. A few questions, firstly, he laid them, impregnated them, grouted and then cleaned(ish). He says we should get a buffing machine to buff them then reseal them. They are a bit streaky just now. Is this a good idea, should we just get a heavy duty cleaning solution then reseal, would the buffer take of his seal he applied, I have seen FLOOR POLISHER KARCHER FP303 HIGH PERFORMANCE BUFFER on eBay (end time 22-Feb-11 10:21:57 GMT)

a floor scrubber/buffer, is this a good idea ?

Any answers or other advice would be great.

Thanks

P

paulemillar

There wasn't any on them, we did discuss it as I had a bathroom done in the grey ones, they had the wax, but the beige didn't.

E

enduro

I do think this is his job to do and not yours. Did he give you a price to lay them, or were you paying him a day rate?

P

paulemillar

It was a price to lay them, he has impregnated them and washed them down, but he says we should buff then reseal. We just want to know what we should do really....

D

DHTiling

Hi Guys,
Well, we have had about 100 sqm of the beige B&Q windsor 600x600 polished porcelain tile laid. Tiler is finished and we are left with the job of scrubbing and sealing. A few questions, firstly, he laid them, impregnated them, grouted and then cleaned(ish). He says we should get a buffing machine to buff them then reseal them. They are a bit streaky just now. Is this a good idea, should we just get a heavy duty cleaning solution then reseal, would the buffer take of his seal he applied, I have seen FLOOR POLISHER KARCHER FP303 HIGH PERFORMANCE BUFFER on eBay (end time 22-Feb-11 10:21:57 GMT)

a floor scrubber/buffer, is this a good idea ?

Any answers or other advice would be great.

Thanks

Your tiler should have done this from start to finish.. annoys the life out of me how some so called tilers get away with this sort of thing..:mad2:

Now as far as i know the B&Q porcs do have a transit wax on them.. well the 60x60 cream ones i did last week had it on and deffo need cleaning first..

In the box's of the tiles was there an advice slip and also check the box's as it does usually say on them also that they require cleaning and sealing..

If i was you i would call this so called tiler back and get him to sort this abortion out..

P

paulemillar

There was the leaflet in the box, however I really dont think there was a wax on them, I did remove the wax myself from the grey ones in the bathroom and the beige ones didn't seem to have it. I just need to know what to do to fix it, either to do it myself, or to tell him what he should have done. He has been paid so probably won't want to fix it anyway.

How should I fix it if there is wax on it/no wax on it ?

D

DHTiling

It should have been MPG then..

What you can do is apply some more sealer and then buff off whilst the sealer is wet, this should remove the streaky residue you have now..

D

DHTiling

Work in small sections as it will be hard work..

Use white paper towel to remove the sealer whilst wet and then yes a nice terry towel to buff up.. You will need plenty elbow grease.. trust me you will get a sweat on :)

P

paulemillar

Thanks for that, out of interest, would that machine be any good, as it is quite a large area.

Reply to Sealing polished porcelain ? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks