Search the forum,

Discuss sealer for marble from b&q in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steveb

hi can any of you top tilers recommend a decent sealer for black marble tiles from b&q (customers choice not mine!!). i will be replacing the original floorboards with 18mm marine ply. i did think about hardibacker boards but it would have raised the level too high.

thanks steveb

D

david campbell

plasplugs sealer is fine,just remember to wipe of 20mins after use with a dry clean cloth:thumbsup:

J

James Spelrem

I don't know if you can get it over the pond but stone tec enhancer pro is one of the best products I have used yet little more money but performance is out standing:thumbsup:

M

Matt

What type of marble is it? If it is a natural polished marble, LTP do a good sealer called MPG sealer (Marble, Porcelain, Granite)

S

steveb

hi everyone thanks for your replys. yes it is polished marble. i will pop into my local tile suppliers(not b&q) next week.

D

Daz

I use the LTP MPG Sealer for polished marble.

On another point, I'd be wary of sticking marble onto 18mm ply without a decoupling membrane. What size floor are you tiling and how rigid is it?

Reply to sealer for marble from b&q in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen