Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Screws for hardie backer. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rj1884

Good morning all. I'm sure this questions be answered before but used hardie a while back and found that when screwing there recommended screws into the board the heads of the screw sat slightly prob of the board and either didn't go down or was a nightmare to get in board level. I gave marmox a go but fancy giving hardie another whirl. I know it's probably the way I was doing it but What would you guys recommend screw wise and the best way to get the heads board level.
Thanks in advance.

T

Time's Ran Out

Wouldn't have thought a few millimetre of height in a screw head would make that much difference to an adhesive bed of 8-10mm!
So for me it's the cheapest and easiest to fix.

S

SJPurdy

I use their recommended screws and have no problem getting them flush enough for normal tiling over ( admittedly a bit more care would be required for thin bed mosaic adhesive). I use an impact driver with the correct screw bit. If using other screws you need to be sure they meet with Hardies spec for head size and gauge.

K

kaharrison9

Turbo gold 20 x 4.

Half the price, very sharp, pulls the cement board in tight.

I tap around 20 screws in with a hammer then use the impact driver

R

rj1884

Thank you all for your replies. I'll give the turbo golds a go and see how I get on.

Reply to Screws for hardie backer. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks