Search the forum,

Discuss schluter ditra in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sandman

hi all,
only ever used ply and aqua panel,anyone used schluter ditra flooring systems as a floor prep?
seems to be widely used in states and euroupe
any comments thks.

G

grumpygrouter

I used it recently over a heated screed for laying granite on to. Wha t are you hoping to do with it?

Grumpy

T

TilingLogistics

One of the biggest issues when using Ditra seems to be using it over floorboards. I spoke to Schluter Technical about this in Germany and they say it is OK. One of the reasons it is not in their tech specs is because they don't use floorboards in Germany.

A word to the wise Ditra matting is a decoupling membrane not a magic carpet. The same applies to using Ditra as any other overplying material the substrate floorboards need to be in good condition and secured with screws at a minimum of 300mm centres:thumbsup:

Kev

Reply to schluter ditra in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen