Discuss Rip up job???????? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone had a solution for moving tiles...? Basically I've got a client who's floor has started to move and grout crack (not laid by myself) there is ufh which I have said could possibly be damaged as tiles have been laid straight into this so they obviously want to avoid this... sub floor is chipboard and tile backer, dont think chipboard was screwed down and I'm un sure on any other prep tbh. I have scrapped out the grout and by the looks of the void looks like the tiles have been built up but was wondering if there was a product I could 'squirt' through the grout line to fill the void I know this is not right but customer wants to do anything but lift the floor...

O

Old Mod

How long has it been down?
If it appears built up it could well be dot and dabbed and that’s unlikely to last over ufh.
The voids can get superheated air pockets and pop tiles.
You can resin inject the floor, but by sounds of it if voids are that big it’ll cost more than replacing the floor probably.

Reaction score
How long has it been down?
If it appears built up it could well be dot and dabbed and that’s unlikely to last over ufh.
The voids can get superheated air pockets and pop tiles.
You can resin inject the floor, but by sounds of it if voids are that big it’ll cost more than replacing the floor probably.
Floors only been down 8 months
But should note started cracking a few months ago

O

Old Mod

Even higher possibility it’s been dot and dabbed then, that along with a chipboard floor, you’re asking a lot for it to stay down.

that Mapei Epojet appears to be for screed substrate repair more than anything else.
(Resin stitching)
Its viscosity would certainly allow for it to flow in to a void, but at around £100 for 4kgs it won’t take long for it to burn a massive hole in the clients pocket.

Reaction score
Even higher possibility it’s been dot and dabbed then, that along with a chipboard floor, you’re asking a lot for it to stay down.

that Mapei Epojet appears to be for screed substrate repair more than anything else.
(Resin stitching)
Its viscosity would certainly allow for it to flow in to a void, but at around £100 for 4kgs it won’t take long for it to burn a massive hole in the clients pocket.
Looks messy!! and you're right there's no way of really knowing how much it will eat up either. Thanks for the video.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I don't think they will have any other choice but to take it up personally you could do a small section and see how bad it is ? Kop

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Did I read that right? The chipboard isn't fixed? So it's a floating floor with UFH on top of it?

I don't think I'd want to try inject anything in that. Ideally need to find out how it's been fitted and what products have been used.

I wish these types of customers would just do a quick search online before 'investing' so much cash into a floor!!
He has point blank refused to come back, nice bloke!
Avoid it like the plague matey.

Sounds like they went for the cheapest guy. He clearly doesn't care about what he's doing and just after a cash job then runs off on his horse.

Unless the customer is prepared to redo the lot and get you to do it, and pay for the ripping out, then I think they've got a broken floor for a long time.

It's a real shame but it happens all the time. More of them need to be on rogue traders.

We should do a YouTube channel. I swear we've got enough of these over the years to get a following.

I wonder how many are by the same guy? Whether we keep getting their customers on here and other tilers asking about their work like this. Be weird if we had a thread a year from a guy - 10% of his customers each year. He does a couple of grand job cash a month and has the rest of the month off.

Sorry, waffling there. Think it's the pain killers pmsl

J

Just Rizzle

unsecured floor i agree with julian touch it it becomes your responsibility not worth it RUN AWAY

Reply to Rip up job???????? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks