Search the forum,

Discuss replacing floorboards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

Eddie

Im going to be doing my own bathroom later this year. but i want to lift the old floorboards and replace with ply. Can i lay a heavy ply and just tile straight on top raher than over ply?

cheers Edd

T

Turkish

Anything 18mm and above screwed down at 300mm centres and flexi adhesive then i`m pretty sure you`ll be fine

Turkish:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

I would go for 25mm ply, screwed at 300mm centres. While the boards are up i would check condition of the joists and maybe strengthen if needed.
I would use 2 part flexi adhesive and a flexi grout.

G

grumpygrouter

You also have the option of using Ardex-flex 7001 priming the boards with Ardex P51. Designed for this type of job, single part and much cheaper than Fastflex for instance.

I would go with the thickest ply you could get down with a minimum of 18mm.

Reply to replacing floorboards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen