Search the forum,

Discuss remove sealer by sanding down limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Ceramico tiling

Hi all

I have a repair job to do soon.The tiles are limestone and there is a topical type sealer that looks very inconsistent and streaky.It looks like it was over applied.I would like to just sand the whole bathroom down.Is this the best way to do this?Will the sealer just sand off? Or should I apply a sealer remover first.Any advice welcome

Thanks

D

DHTiling

Why not just use a sealer remover.. sanding the whole surface imo isn't a quick option..

C

Ceramico tiling

the surface of these tiles look dirty and full of shiny gloss sealer.The client showed me an origional unpolished tile that he had spare.There was a large difference between the two and I just assumed sanding would be the best way to achieve that result.I have not used a sealer remover and was not sure if it would be enough.

D

DHTiling

Yes.. A sealer remover will return the tiles back tot he original finish.. have you not worked with stone before..?

C

Ceramico tiling

I have worked with stone,but not in depth with cleaners,sealer removers etc

D

DHTiling

ok.

Use this to clean with..

LTP Grimex

Description: LTP Grimex is the answer to stubborn grime, old layers of wax or acrylic and even rubber sole marks on terracotta and natural stone flooring. Suitable for use on glazed and unglazed tiles, this product is excellent for renovating old quarry tiles, terracotta, slate, stone, marble and stone fireplaces.

Tips: Pick this product if you have stubborn dirt and grime, greasy films, dirty grouting, old layers of acrylic sealers and wax, rubber sole marks on glazed ceramics and porcelain, old and tired looking tiled floors, soot marks on stone fireplaces...

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

Please follow the directions on the pdf..

and this to seal.. you do not want Acrylic topical sealers on limestone IMO..

LTP Mattstone

Description: Suitable for all wall and floor surfaces LTP Mattstone provides a natural matt finish with minimal change to surface character on travertine, quarry tiles, terracotta, slate, stone, unpolished marble, terrazzo and cement floors. Provides effective resistance to staining from coffee, wine and other domestic fluids. Maintain with LTP Waxwash on floors and LTP Stonewash on walls.

Tips: Can be used in wet areas. Suitable for interior and exterior use and on floors that have no damp proof course.

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to remove sealer by sanding down limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen