Search the forum,

Discuss Quartz Tile Adhesive Recommendation in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

craig_09

Hi, Not a tiler but looking to get the correct materials ready for the job.

Just purchased 11m2 of Midnight Black Quartz Tiles and 7m2 of Diamond White Quartz Tiles from tilesporcelain.
Ive been told by the supplier I need Grey adhesive for the black tiles, and white adhesive for the White tiles?

They recommend Single Part Profelxible adhesive Resin Based. Is this correct? Tiles will be installed on a concrete floor and I want the Tile as Skirting on a fresh plastered wall.

Do I need to seal the concrete floor before the tiles are laid?

Do I need to seal the quartz tiles? Before or after Grout?

Thanks a lot for any advice you can offer

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Assuming these are a quartz agglomerate resin based tile, discuss with the supplier if they recommend sealing ,this is dependant on type and quality of the resin binder and what is the aglom-mix marble or granite. If they do - ( do not seal prior to laying) after fitting ,once all moisture is released prior to grouting is generally recommended and again after the grouting to protect your grout ,again once fully dry poss 4-5 days later.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I would be more concerned about the tiles ... I've heard quite a bit about tiles from a supplier warping after a few months ... So much poor quality resin tiles from China etc entering the UK .

J

Just Rizzle

when i lay these type of tiles would recommend adding an additive such as SBR to give extra adhesion and always butter the backs, but there is a lot oF dodgy quartz been sold on the net that are not suitable for UFH just in case havea word with supplier. is your concreat floor a floating floor if so would recommend putting a decoupling matt down first. and yes always prime seal concrete befor fixing

S

Stef

Done these last week with weber spf, these came from tilesporcelain.
646b69471cc05788e07d63f896453588.jpg

Will see if they curl in a few months time.

C

craig_09

Thanks for the replies guys, I am now slightly concerned about my tile choice.
I have emailed the supplier for a material list of the tile.

are you joking about the tole curling or warping? How is this possible and how can I prevent this?

thanks

W

White Room

The curling can be attributed to heat, whether it from under floor heating or even extreme warmth from the sun if fitted in a conservatory.

Reply to Quartz Tile Adhesive Recommendation in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen