Search the forum,

Discuss Polished porcelain don't need sealing?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Porcelain tiles are low porosity...Porcelain being vitrified/fully vitrified hence not very porous but it is the polishing process that opens up microscopic pores in the surface, and applying a suitable sealer will close the pores and help with daily cleaning of the tiles.. so you do not seal to cut porosity, you seal to prevent surface staining so to speak..

Some are factory sealed(nano sealed).. so check that as well..

And to see that it is tiles porcelain giving the advice, then i am not surprised..

T

timlee77

Thanks Dave, i used to live in peterlee! id pop in to the shop if i was still there lol

W

White Room

I know a tiler of 30 years who has never sealed polished porcelain but does complain there a bugger to clean when grouting....

Reply to Polished porcelain don't need sealing?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen