Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Ply Bathroom Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

terrycoe1

Hi I have 3 bathroom floors currently Lino over ply substrate recommendations on what to use over the top of the ply prior to tiling I'm thinking of a ditra membrane !? Any other suggestions

T

terrycoe1

Just a standard ceramic or porc unsure of thickness if it's 15mm then ditra if it's less hardi!?

W

White Room

I wouldn't ditra with porcs or ceramic on a small bathroom floor... 6mm hardie would be my preference.

T

terrycoe1

Sweet ok how comes you wouldn't use the ditra !? If I havnt got the height then what would you reccomend !?:)

W

White Room

Ditra I would use with natural stone, I don't know the thickness of your floor so in some aspects I'm surmising.

Is it chipboard, floorboards etc

J

J Sid

never, never tile onto ply fixed by someone else, have the backs and edge's been sealed, most probably not.
ply has no place in a wet or moisture rich area, remove it and replace with a moisture stable board.

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Its entirely up to you which way you go, maybe pop into your local tile shop and ask them ,look on the adhesive bags and that will tell you that you can tile on ply and the thickness it must be before you go and spend xxxxx amount of pounds on something that you may not need,i have bee tiling for 44 years and yes you can tile on ply if it is the right thickness

Reply to Ply Bathroom Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks