Search the forum,

Discuss Ply Bathroom Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

terrycoe1

Hi I have 3 bathroom floors currently Lino over ply substrate recommendations on what to use over the top of the ply prior to tiling I'm thinking of a ditra membrane !? Any other suggestions

T

terrycoe1

Just a standard ceramic or porc unsure of thickness if it's 15mm then ditra if it's less hardi!?

W

White Room

I wouldn't ditra with porcs or ceramic on a small bathroom floor... 6mm hardie would be my preference.

T

terrycoe1

Sweet ok how comes you wouldn't use the ditra !? If I havnt got the height then what would you reccomend !?:)

W

White Room

Ditra I would use with natural stone, I don't know the thickness of your floor so in some aspects I'm surmising.

Is it chipboard, floorboards etc

Reply to Ply Bathroom Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen