Search the forum,

Discuss Patching paramount wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Part-Time Tiler

Hi everyone, I am about to tile a shower enclosure and the plumber has removed the old shower base and replaced with a new one but it is set lower than the previous one so there is a hole in the plasterboard all around the shower base and you can see the egg box behind it. The rest of the plasterboard is intact and I know replacing paramount plasterboard is a lot of work so is there a way I can just patch it up and then tile over it.

W

White Room

Use some bonding plaster and leave to dry or spf/rapid just a little primer on the bottom edge of the plasterboard

D

doug boardley

could you pack out with ordinary plasterboard strips to the thickness of the para board?

D

DHTiling

You could cut the board out a bit higher and then insert some 2x1 behind the first skin of the paramount then screw into place..then just screw in a patching piece of board to infill....then use a membrane over the top to seal it all from water.....

Reply to Patching paramount wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen