Search the forum,

Discuss OH NO WHAT DO I DO NOW?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sid Sudoku

Thank you "Kieks" for answering "timeless John's" question on my behalf, are there any other constructive suggestions about possible repair options ( eg. heard of brushed anodising as a possibility?) Or an easy way or tool for removal of trim without causing damage?

O

One Day

How would you get it out without damaging the marble tiles?

Marble?! :eek:
Why have you edged with a trim?!?
You could have butt-fit them and polished the edge by hand and it would have looked a million times better than that.
Sorry if it sounds rude but come on; the trim doesn't even fit.
Are you diy or paid?

Now you only have two options IMO- remove the trim, persuading it out with a hammer and trowel edge inserted in the space between.
Or re-do the whole edge again, without trim preferably.
Any attempts to polish the fault out are a wast of time and that time would be better spent re-doing the entire edge in my view.

K

Kieks

Thank you "Kieks" for answering "timeless John's" question on my behalf, are there any other constructive suggestions about possible repair options ( eg. heard of brushed anodising as a possibility?) Or an easy way or tool for removal of trim without causing damage?

How tight is the trim up to the tile? Is it butted tight? It’s hard to see on my phone. If the was a grout join I’d be tempted to run a grinder with a metal blade up a little then try and get the backing out after by easing it out.

Although it’d be risky!

T

Time's Ran Out

Why use trim on Natural Stone?
I only use trim on ceramic/porcelain and the customer doesn’t want to pay to mitre them.

But you haven’t answered my point!
Or that of @impish - DIY?

I understand it doesn’t answer your issue, but in the general discussion on the use of edging marble tiles, it’s worth mentioning the alternatives and aesthetics with this material.

S

Sid Sudoku

Thank you everyone for your comments. The situation is now resolved except for the current lack of response from the manufacturer, hopefully there will be one in the near future. Anyone else had this kind of defect?

Reply to OH NO WHAT DO I DO NOW?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen