• Thread starter Jaclyn Fiddyment
  • Start date
  • Replies 43
  • Views 4K
Search the forum,

Discuss New Career (hopefully!!) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

I had a nice offer of 2 weeks tiling displays in Venice recently. I said no.
My wife would kill me. 2 weeks in Venice alone!
ops ops ops!!!!!!!!
I think your wife be right.
Venice is dangerous,
for just one man ;)

O

One Day

Sorry Jaclyn to hijack your thread!
I would strongly suggest you try and get some experience alongside experienced tilers. A very fast way to learn.

Also - the single best piece of advice given to me when I started out:
Forget making money at first. Concentrate solely on doing an A1 job - regardless of how long it takes you.
If you ALWAYS return great work, you will build a reputation which will keep you busy - no need to advertise.

Speed and profit come in time. View your 1st couple of years as "learning while earning".

I

Italy

I would strongly suggest you try and get some experience alongside experienced tilers. A very fast way to learn.

Forget making money at first. Concentrate solely on doing an A1 job - regardless of how long it takes you.
If you ALWAYS return great work, you will build a reputation which will keep you busy - no need to advertise.

Speed and profit come in time. View your 1st couple of years as "learning while earning".
Forget making money at first........
I remained first moment then it ......

J

Jaclyn Fiddyment

Do many tilers take on trainees?

O

One Day

Also well worth while taking up as much training (sometimes free is you ask nicely) as you can manage.
I'd suggest BAL as a starter... Tiling Training - Book Now | BAL Adhesives

Reply to New Career (hopefully!!) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen