Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss My New Van woes.....! in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

well, yesterday while out I noticed the new transit sounded a bit lumpy, it’s been a bit lumpy for a few days but more so yesterday, so after pulling up to go in a shop I noticed it was pretty loud. I called my local garage who i trust who does all my work, managed to fit me in this morning to have a look at it, they diagnosed it.... bottom end knocking! So after some conversations with the garage I bought it off I’ve had it and myself recovered 100 miles to take it back and get a refund and get my old trusty van back!! What a day.
I’m now sinking a few Timmy Taylor’s landlord’s

Andy

F

Flintstone

2014 Lee, out of warranty by less than 3 months. Full Ford history, 83k miles. One of those things I guess, I feel like a load has lifted from my shoulders. Gonna chill for a few weeks with the old van and see how I feel about things

L

LM

2014 Lee, out of warranty by less than 3 months. Full Ford history, 83k miles. One of those things I guess, I feel like a load has lifted from my shoulders. Gonna chill for a few weeks with the old van and see how I feel about things
Your making a wise decision Andy.
I hope it works out for you, our our work vehicles are so crucial to our lively hoods. Good luck with it and keep us updated :)

G

GoneGuy

Gutted for you mate.
Might be worth getting one of these

5D93A979-DAEF-4239-BEC1-77BA3153C590.jpeg

F

Flintstone

I’m out of pocket by £450. Half of which was recovery costs.
Not sure what the cause was really but it’s not a good sign. I liked the van and it’s toys and it’s comfort, but the build quality isn’t great compared to German. I really don’t know what I’ll do next.

D

Dumbo

83k is nothing nowadays my old vw when I got rid of it had 170k on it and it only had about 5 oil changes

B

Blunt Tool

I’m out of pocket by £450. Half of which was recovery costs.
Not sure what the cause was really but it’s not a good sign. I liked the van and it’s toys and it’s comfort, but the build quality isn’t great compared to German. I really don’t know what I’ll do next.
Garage you bought it from should be paying full recovery costs

F

Flintstone

I agree but I was just glad to be able to take it back without too much fuss, I could have argued that but my thoughts were, I can still get back to work on Monday, and I could have easily lost a few days of work time with this happening, so that’s worth taking that cost on the chin for imo.

Reply to My New Van woes.....! in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks