Discuss My New Van woes.....! in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

Got it all on the paper work and when I did hpi check it it it all came back on there with the service mileage too, direct from ford lease Andy. Not good is it

W

WetSaw

Unfortunately modern turbo diesels, especially if the turbo is mounted high, are very sensitive to oil level. This can cause the turbo to blow and eat all the engine oil. Some garages just change the turbo, fill the engine with oil and, if it runs, job done. Clearly if an engine is run without oil it can do far more damage or at the very least cause excessive wear which can lead to premature failure of other components.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Someone must of ragged it and then..
27 thousand miles a year is high mileage.
Nearly 3 times the average....
Car dealer once told me the best vehicle to buy is 1 private owner.... FSH..... and low mileage....... Bit like hens teeth when buying a van though..

F

Flintstone

Unfortunately Andy, most 3 year old company or lease vans have done that sort it Milage. The recovery truck driver had strong opinions on 3 year old vans, saying he picks a lot up and after 100k there warn out and that’s about all there made to do.

F

Flintstone

What van do you drive Andy?
Part of me thinks keep the van I’ve got or make a small upgrade and put the money towards buying a buy to let!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I got an 05 traffic..... It's done nearly 170k miles....... I bought it about 4 years ago and had 3 years trouble free motoring, however I had to spend a small fortune on it this year.... New turbo, sensors, brake pads, discs... Spent £1,400 !!
I've never spent more than 3 grand on a van.... I tend to look at them as work horses. ...... Buy them run them into the ground till they become unvieable to keep on the road..... Bin it a buy another one..

Last edited:
G

GoneGuy

Just a Ford focus titanium... 05 model..
Bought it low mileage... One owner and a full service history..... So far 3 years trouble free motoring..!
I got a 12 plate traffic on 170k running smooth at the moment I’ve had it a year plus,
I also got a 62plate focus titanium which was nearly new one owner ( missus wants me to get rid of it).

Reply to My New Van woes.....! in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks