Search the forum,

Discuss My New Van woes.....! in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I’m out of pocket by £450. Half of which was recovery costs.
Not sure what the cause was really but it’s not a good sign. I liked the van and it’s toys and it’s comfort, but the build quality isn’t great compared to German. I really don’t know what I’ll do next.

D

Dumbo

83k is nothing nowadays my old vw when I got rid of it had 170k on it and it only had about 5 oil changes

B

Blunt Tool

I’m out of pocket by £450. Half of which was recovery costs.
Not sure what the cause was really but it’s not a good sign. I liked the van and it’s toys and it’s comfort, but the build quality isn’t great compared to German. I really don’t know what I’ll do next.
Garage you bought it from should be paying full recovery costs

F

Flintstone

I agree but I was just glad to be able to take it back without too much fuss, I could have argued that but my thoughts were, I can still get back to work on Monday, and I could have easily lost a few days of work time with this happening, so that’s worth taking that cost on the chin for imo.

F

Flintstone

Got it all on the paper work and when I did hpi check it it it all came back on there with the service mileage too, direct from ford lease Andy. Not good is it

W

WetSaw

Unfortunately modern turbo diesels, especially if the turbo is mounted high, are very sensitive to oil level. This can cause the turbo to blow and eat all the engine oil. Some garages just change the turbo, fill the engine with oil and, if it runs, job done. Clearly if an engine is run without oil it can do far more damage or at the very least cause excessive wear which can lead to premature failure of other components.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Someone must of ragged it and then..
27 thousand miles a year is high mileage.
Nearly 3 times the average....
Car dealer once told me the best vehicle to buy is 1 private owner.... FSH..... and low mileage....... Bit like hens teeth when buying a van though..

F

Flintstone

Unfortunately Andy, most 3 year old company or lease vans have done that sort it Milage. The recovery truck driver had strong opinions on 3 year old vans, saying he picks a lot up and after 100k there warn out and that’s about all there made to do.

Reply to My New Van woes.....! in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen