Search the forum,

Discuss My 1st splash back in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

thevinnyofoz

Hello,

I was asked by an old family member to tile her kitchen´s splash back, was about 5m2. For some reason the current tiles were stuck on with what looked like white rubbery sealent, really difficult to get them off. Anyway I pretty much destroyed the plaster work which was a bad because that plaster was covering all kinds of nasty brick work where a door had been filled in years before.

So anyway the job got bigger as I now found myself taking the plaster back to the brick work and dot dabbing plaster boards so I could finally start tiling as that is why I was there lol. I had not taken off tiles before and thought it was going to be ok but that sealent used to put up them last lot of tiles really did double the job for me. by the way, I had never boarded up before either. I was nervous to say the least. All in all this had taken me three days from start to finish. By the way I only do this in my spare time. Maybe one day I can get paid for it.

100_4038.jpg
100_4040.jpg
100_4041.jpg
100_4046.jpg
100_4047.jpg
100_4094.jpg
100_4059.jpg
100_4061.jpg
100_4105.jpg
100_4095.jpg

D

doug boardley

on your 2nd post Vinny, the 4th pic down, why have you done a cut on the top course?

D

Deleted member 9966

Vinny, you have been busy :thumbsup: I hope you don't think I'm being rude, but I think if the cabinet door handles were changed for chrome ones, it would really finish the room nicely.

Keep up the good work :20:

O

Olz

If im looking at what your looking at Doug he hasnt, you can only see part of the top course because of a white cupboard.

T

thevinnyofoz

Not too sure what is wrong with the mentioned cut but it seems to look ok to me ?

As for the handles I will be popping them onto the little old ladies Christmas list along with a tiled floor, new curtains and some rails. Bless her, she´s my dear old mum :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

Not too sure what is wrong with the mentioned cut but it seems to look ok to me ?

As for the handles I will be popping them onto the little old ladies Christmas list along with a tiled floor, new curtains and some rails. Bless her, she´s my dear old mum :thumbsup:

nice one Vinny :hurray:

Reply to My 1st splash back in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen