Search the forum,

Discuss Minimum tile spacing for floor tiles over underfloor heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

slanty

Hi All,

This is my first post so I hope I have posted in the correct forum.

I'm wondering what is the minimum tile spacing I should use for floor tiles I am laying?

The tiles are 45cmx45cm and are being laid over electric underfloor heating (Devimat 150W/sqm). I have laid f-board 6mm insulation with weber rapid set tile adhesive (one suitable for underfloor heating but I can't remenber the name) over the concrete base, then laid the heating mat and applied a layer of Arc self levelling compound mixed with latex liquid to secure the heating element. I will be using the same Weber rapid set tile tile adhesive for the tiles.

I want to have the minimum suitable spacing between the tiles because I think that will look best with the bathroom design we want. I was hoping to use 3mm spacers but will this be ok with that size of tile and the underfloor heating?

Thanks in advance for any help given,

Slanty

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jpservices

welcome to the forum (says me have not been on for a few months) always great help and info here :). I have used 2/3/4 mm spacers and all been fine. only advice i will say is really push the grout into the spaces as with heated floor there is alot more expansion an contraction to deal with...

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to tilersforums.com.

3mm is British Standards minimum grout joint width for floors, i wouldn't be putting any smaller joints in than that, certainly not with UFH as well.

Reply to Minimum tile spacing for floor tiles over underfloor heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen