Discuss Metal strip in wall? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm currently removing some plaster from block work in my bathroom in prep to put up elements boards and new tiles and I've found a metal strip/plate embedded into the plaster. For reference the wall is outside facing and adjacent to the next door neighbours wall. The strip is near the top of the wall where the rafters connect with the wall. Anyone seen one of these before? is it safe to remove the plaster around it?

Cheers

imorgan

metal strip in wall.jpg

critch

TF
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm currently removing some plaster from block work in my bathroom in prep to put up elements boards and new tiles and I've found a metal strip/plate embedded into the plaster. For reference the wall is outside facing and adjacent to the next door neighbours wall. The strip is near the top of the wall where the rafters connect with the wall. Anyone seen one of these before? is it safe to remove the plaster around it?

Cheers

imorgan

View attachment 124063
Its a brace for the wooden plate that sits on top of the block work

Reply to Metal strip in wall? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks