Search the forum,

Discuss Metal strip in wall? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm currently removing some plaster from block work in my bathroom in prep to put up elements boards and new tiles and I've found a metal strip/plate embedded into the plaster. For reference the wall is outside facing and adjacent to the next door neighbours wall. The strip is near the top of the wall where the rafters connect with the wall. Anyone seen one of these before? is it safe to remove the plaster around it?

Cheers

imorgan

metal strip in wall.jpg

critch

TF
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm currently removing some plaster from block work in my bathroom in prep to put up elements boards and new tiles and I've found a metal strip/plate embedded into the plaster. For reference the wall is outside facing and adjacent to the next door neighbours wall. The strip is near the top of the wall where the rafters connect with the wall. Anyone seen one of these before? is it safe to remove the plaster around it?

Cheers

imorgan

View attachment 124063
Its a brace for the wooden plate that sits on top of the block work

Reply to Metal strip in wall? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen