Discuss Mapei shower water proof kit. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jordan Leadsham

Hi chaps

Have bought star lux white from topps which are heavy. I'm using bal rapidflex plus with additive on plasterboard. My question is can I use the mapei shower water proof kit with this install.

Topps said to use bal waterproof plus but the tiler I work with says it's a bit of a bugger to put on. Mapei looks easier to do.

Thanks in advance

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You should be OK with Mapei provided the board is sealed. To be on the safe side I'd run it past Mapei technical

G

GoneGuy

I would check with Mapei technical department,
Could you return the bal rapidflex and use Mapei adhesive as well as the shower kit ( I'm sure Mapei would suggest this ).

Reply to Mapei shower water proof kit. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, Having recently found lots of water dripping down under my bath I managed to locate the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever used CTI for sticking tiles to a wall. I'm new to tiling and want to install a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay