Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Mapei Grout Pen in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Ash-wolves

Had never used one before, but was on a site 3 months ago where the the previous tiler had put the wrong grout colour in (communication between sales team & main contractor! As per)

Any way I got down on all fours & gave it a good shake and away I went!

I must say I was really impressed, found it dried extremely quick ( the only down side)

How it looks now tho & if it stands constant cleaning and wear and tear, time will tell.

Any body used one before?
Or has anybody seen what it's like after a period of time?

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I used the universal grout restorer a couple of weeks ago and found it covered really well with 2 coats.This was applied by paint brush instead of pen .Time will tell though :)

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've use the Jasmine Mapei that is sold by Tiling logistics. Easy to apply and a great colour match. 100% recommend them. Did you know that the American Mapei grout colours are different to the European ones? So don't import the pens from the States.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Used the mapei pen (bit like the shoe polish with a sponge on the end) on patchy coloured grout and it worked a treat. Perfect match for the silicone. was about a year ago and not heard from the client so will assume all is good.

A

Ash-wolves

Yeah that's the one I used, I found my self going round with a cloth and just wiping it off the tile as soon as it hazed over,

Can imagine it staining to hell if left to dry on a surface!

I

Italy

excuse me, you're talking about this one?

b_prodotti-14437-reld2f1bf1c-f7d0-4355-af26-77004bc72c40.jpg

Reply to Mapei Grout Pen in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks