Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Mapei Glitter Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Daz

Firstly, a big thanks to Cliff Anger & Karl at Mapei for getting the shiny stuff to me!

Now the reason for my post.....When I was considering using glitter grout for my bathroom floor I asked all my local Mapei stockists for examples of the finished look and all I got was the standard pic from Mapei, which in my opinion did not show me what I wanted (especially as the standard pic seems to be of white which is still not available).

As silver and gold are the only colours available and my floor tiles are black'ish I opted for silver.

I have posted some "real life" pictures of my finished floor so that anyone considering going for glitter grout will, hopefully, have a better idea of how it will look.

I found the grout really easy to mix, although, the glitter does get everywhere! The grout is superb to apply and washing off was very easy (nothing like I imagined epoxy grout to be), in fact the floor didn't even need buffing once it had fully dried. I am really pleased with the look and the pics do not do it justice, as it honestly makes the floor clean, bright and that bit special.

Downsides...The grout certainly ain't cheap! I have the gay'ist work trousers in the village as they are now covered in silver sparkly bits :dizzy2:. I have 2 sponges that are pretty much unusable due to being stained with glitter, and a very sparkly washboy. If a customer asks you to use it, I would charge that bit higher for grouting as it is epoxy and I would factor a few new sponges and buckets into the price, too (my grout float cleaned up fine, though).

Other than that, it's all good!
I hope the pics are useful to anyone considering using it!
Enjoy.

My pics

Edit by Dan
Broken pictures removed from post - sorry!
You can view the new media gallery section which has a Glitter Grout area added to it: Glitter Grout

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Olz

Cetainly different, looks good, i'd like to see glitter grout in person, to get the full picture of what it looks like in all it's sparkly glory.

T

tfs

what sort of price are we talking about for this stuff?

Do you add the glitter into the grout prior to mixing then or is it already mixed with the grout?

kris

D

Daz

what sort of price are we talking about for this stuff?

Do you add the glitter into the grout prior to mixing then or is it already mixed with the grout?

kris

I think it was about £50 for a 3kg tub of Kerapoxy and 2 sachets of glitter (trade).

You mix up the Kerapoxy first, then add the glitter. When it's all mixed up, you start grouting.

W

w33blondie

Hi

Can anyone tell me where you can buy this glitter grout. I have asked a few tilers in the area and no1 seems to know anything about it???

G

Gazzer

Anyone who stocks Mapei should be able to get it. If not contact Mapei direct and they will be able to tell you.

D

dave_online

I ve just ordered 12kg of of Anthracite coloured silver glitter grout.
including delivery it came to £235.
This will cover approx 20 sq mtrs apparently with a 4 mm gap.

I hope it goes well as i have another floor to do asap

If any one has any advice please let me know :

Thanks for your remarks daz , im not as scared now..LOL

G

Gazzer

Gloves , plenty of sponges, dust sheets and be prepared to throw all tools away after.

K

kingsparky

Have used this on a customers floor. looked great but oh what a mess on tools sponges and clothes. best to mix with a small whisk in your cordless

D

dave_online

Thanks for advice : Used it all : I now have no sponges : No knee pads and a dewalt battery drill that looks like its been to a pantomime , apart from that it went well : take note future users it take 24 hours before it hardens ,
CTD in Denton , Manchester ; £** all in for 3kg tub and 2 sachets of glitter

Got another one to do now ,
1 tub does approx 6mts sq @ 4mm (Tiles 300x600 )

Reply to Mapei Glitter Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks