Search the forum,

Discuss Looking to set up as a sole trader tiler in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Morning everyone. I am looking for advice on setting up as a sole trader tiler. Any advice would be much appreciated from the absolute obvious. Not sure where to start with regards to becoming a sole trader. Tia

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Register your business with HMRC. Simple as that really. Heres some helpful advice from the government... sometimes they are useful.

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Get an accountant who is prepared to give you advice and who has other customers in the construction industry. Get CIS registered (Construction Industry Scheme) as a subcontractor. Maybe start the process of attaining a CSCS card so you can enter building sites. Get Public Liability insurance which isn't that much for a sole trader so you can work on behalf of contractors. Get some sort of software than you're confident with that you can do invoicing and quotations on. Maybe one that is app based so you can access it on your phone. This will keep you organised and make you look more professional. Work for as many people as you can and hold on to the good ones and let the bad ones go. Good luck

Reply to Looking to set up as a sole trader tiler in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm Charlie, a wall and floor tiler and brick slip fitter from Staffordshire covering...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen