Discuss Leave it to the experts!!! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

enduro

My flat is empty at the moment, so i thought right i will change the imersion heaters in the hot water tank...There are two one in the middle and one at the bottom. So i drained the water out at the weekend and removed the imersion heaters. That was a job i was not looking forward two as you can wreck the tank easily doing this. So i got the two new ones today and went and fitted them, filled the tank up, great no leaks but no water coming out of hot water taps.:mad2: So called my mate the plumber he said you have an air lock, turn the hot water tap on in the bath then put your hand over it then turn cold on and it should push the air back into the tank, but dont hold it to long!! Ok did this and it sorted the problem. Then i put the hot water on, and only the top imersion heater was getting warm. Bugger i thought, so i tested it and no power to the lower on, checked fuse, scratched my head, fiddled with the timer still nothing. So phoned a sparky mate of mine explained the problem. He laughed and said you wont have power to it as it is wired up tho economy 7 and will only come on at midnight. So im going to Leave plumbing to plumbers, electrics to sparky's, tiling to tilers. :lol:

Reply to Leave it to the experts!!! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks