Search the forum,

Discuss Laying an Anti-fracture mat in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Shultzy

TF
Reaction score
I'm about to lay an anti-fracture mat onto plywood, does the ply need any coating before I lay it?
1 or 2mm adhesive underneath the mat?
Can I use BAL Single Part Flexible Tile Adhesive for the mat?
Can I use BAL Single Part Flexible Tile Adhesive for floor and wall tiles (they are 9.5mm ceramic)?
Powder or ready-mixed?
Is a 10mm notched trowel the right size?

L

LM

I'm about to lay an anti-fracture mat onto plywood, does the ply need any coating before I lay it?
1 or 2mm adhesive underneath the mat?
Can I use BAL Single Part Flexible Tile Adhesive for the mat?
Can I use BAL Single Part Flexible Tile Adhesive for floor and wall tiles (they are 9.5mm ceramic)?
Powder or ready-mixed?
Is a 10mm notched trowel the right size?
What anti fracture mat are you intending to use exactly, is it a BAL Rapid mat type or a Schluter type? I prefer to use an acrylic adhesive for Schluter on plywood for instance.
What are the walls made of?
Powdered adhesive is always better than premixed.

Shultzy

TF
Reaction score
I was going to use Dural DuraBase CI++. I only need 4 sq m which seems to be expensive as its only a small quantity. The walls are waterproof plasterboard.

Reply to Laying an Anti-fracture mat in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen