Discuss Large marble tiles and Mapei p9 in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

vman

-
Reaction score
Hi

I have some large format marble tiles to fit onto bathroom walls. They are 10mm and 800mm x 400mm in size. They are quite heavy.
Do you think that Mapei p9 will be man enough for the job- I will be back combing ?
I have mainly been using s1 Keraquick for the floors but the p9 was cheap and looked like it might do for the walls job so I bought 4 bags.
I have no experience with the product.

Thanks
Robbie

vman

-
Reaction score
On another note. Is your substrate capable of holding those tiles. ?
Hi Dave.
I was hoping no-one would ask this. I have moisture resistant PB, unskimmed and was just going to chance it thinking if made sure the tiles were on floor first I would get away with it . I know a cement board would have been better but the boards are up... Have you heard any horror stories of walls ripping off with weight?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Dave.
I was hoping no-one would ask this. I have moisture resistant PB, unskimmed and was just going to chance it thinking if made sure the tiles were on floor first I would get away with it . I know a cement board would have been better but the boards are up... Have you heard any horror stories of walls ripping off with weight?
Tbh no not from directly to PB. They are also quite thin for a large format marble. Are they mesh backed and resin?

Reply to Large marble tiles and Mapei p9 in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks