Search the forum,

Discuss Large Kitchen with Electric UFH - 2 Quotes - Advice Please? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Ive neverfound an SLC that will bond to gaffa/duct tape. Another reason I use loosewire (especially Warmups) is the doublesided tape and scrim tape is a brilliant method.

One thing I have to mention 3_fall is some older and current loose wire systems used to fixed with a conductive tape along the whole wire. Some of the older warmup ones used to installed this way.
Still don't think SLC or addy bonded to it though!
absolutely right Ali they do. The warm up single wire did (think it was about 25mm gaffer like tape) til they released their pro-wire, which doesn't. Double sided tape and skrim overlay. And the one I referred to earlier, although wasn't warm up it should've been installed the same way. Double sided tape laid two strips either end to hold loop (Loops spaced at 90-110mm I think) and more spaced every 500mm then overlayed with single sided tape. I prefer the single wire all day long. :thumbsup:

S

SJPurdy

If the floor isn't flat then easier to lay the insul boards if it is made flat first using SLC, otherwise the SLC under the boards is not required.
Generally I find better to SLC over the wires particularly in larger areas when using a mat system. A hot melt glue gun is very useful for tacking down any wires that don't lay flat before using the SLC. With cheaper thicker wire systems that some people are using I would say it essential to use SLC over them.
However the Warmup wires are only 2mm thick and so it is possible to spread adhesive over them and tile without using SLC.
Finally to quote from a Warmup leaflet, "Unlike other less robust wire systems, we believe you should tile straight on top, saving the time and expense of screeding over the wires first."

Houston

TF
Arms
Reaction score
image.jpg
Insulation boards primed matting going down with some tape, takes about an hour then SLC
There is about 14m2 of matt to install around an island as we'll. priming done a day before. Having trouble uploading pics

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
A builder I do a bit of work for uses the warmup single wire. I couldn't believe it when he said he lays it with a staple gun, no tape. He says he's never had a problem!
is the tape for protection or just to hold it down?

Houston

TF
Arms
Reaction score
A builder I do a bit of work for uses the warmup single wire. I couldn't believe it when he said he lays it with a staple gun, no tape. He says he's never had a problem!
a wind up
its just to hold it down, slc on top to protect it

J

jonnyc

lee what make is the mat you sell then ?
i can see the point of single wire in a small bathroom but a lot of floors i do are 30-100 sq mts and then cable mats are what i go for.
my undestanding is that gaffer tape is not problem to slc over but the most important thing is not to use gaffer tape over the end tail as this is recipe for a dig up later !!!!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score

WarmUp ProWire's tape and sticky is awesome. Why you'd have any need to staple it in place i don't know. But i wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. The wire is only 2mm thick. You could easily break the sleeve on it with a staple!

Reply to Large Kitchen with Electric UFH - 2 Quotes - Advice Please? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen