Search the forum,

Discuss kitchen splash in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

hi all,

I'm doing a splash back in a couple of weeks with those ugly small 100x100 tiles with wavy edges.

2 problems are the customer wants a random pattern using 3 different colours , how can you really do a random pattern without using too much of the one colour in one area, and how do you space these tiles out correctly when they dont have straight edges? I assume you just do it by eye.

Mark

L

Luxlux

Set out a pattern before and ask the customer for their approval. Do this throughout he job then they cant complain

wayne

TF
Reaction score
i putthree piles of tiles in front of me and take one from each in a seperate pile. i then keep doing the same but pick them up in different order. just make sure you use the same amount of tiles and it gives a totally random pattern and makes sure you are using the same amont of each colour

D

DHTiling

As long as you try not to get clumps of one colour together then you will be fine...

D

DHTiling

if you are unable to use spacers, then you will have space them by eye....good luck mate....

F

Fekin

I did a splashback a while ago using tiles like these sound, only they were all black, but had wonkey edges, and they are really easy to fit, just by eye, and space evenly.

L

Luxlux

If you cant use spacers use a screwdriver to poke between the tile spaces to give you a rough idea and obviously use your eye. Once grouted will look fine.

F

Fekin

I actually liked the look of them more than the same old boring 2-3 mil straight lines everywhere.

C

charlie1

The customer is just wantinng them tiles straight and a random pattern but i would like to do a decorative feature above her hob. if the tiles where straight i wouldnt think twice about it but ive never done anything like that with these tiles before. it could be a bit tricky eah.

Reply to kitchen splash in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi first timer to tile, im getting all my prep work and tools. My question is will the self...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen