Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Kitchen Floor Ply Base in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

terrycoe1

Hi all have recently been to see a job that I was reccomended for ...the existing tiles are coming up due to a leak in the kitchen the base is ply . only a quarter of the area is lifting ....do I rip up the damaged ply replace like for like or go with taking all ply up replacing for hardie then tile . ceramics are the tile to go down after

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Main thing is to get the floor as solid and deflection free as possible this may mean adding extra noggins when you rip up the ply so taking it all up might be a good idea if it's possible.
You could then overboard the new floor (ply or chipboard ) with.6m2 hardie to give you a perfect tiling surface.

T

terrycoe1

It's deff ply I released a kick board to see so rip the lot up put a 6mm backer down fix with adhesive and screw then tile direct I've uploaded a pic

image.jpeg image.jpeg

T

terrycoe1

Not 100percent on thickness of existing ply thing is the ply runs rightunder neath all kitchen units to the back walls!?....

S

Stef

Not 100percent on thickness of existing ply thing is the ply runs rightunder neath all kitchen units to the back walls!?....
That's going to be a bit of a bugger to get up.
Need to see how badly the floor has been damaged to see your next step.
You could go round with a rip snorter as close to unit legs as possible & rip that up then stick Hardie down.

T

terrycoe1

Hurendous ain't they Think stef has the right idea here I'm hoping there all be a join central to the room which will make it easier to dictate what to do !

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That's going to be a bit of a bugger to get up.
Need to see how badly the floor has been damaged to see your next step.
You could go round with a rip snorter as close to unit legs as possible & rip that up then stick Hardie down.
A rip snorter. ..lol
Is that actually a tool or something you made up?
Sounds more like a farting pig...lol

T

terrycoe1

Just ripped this one up today solid wood flooring some crappy tiles on top of a crap Adhesive like tile ! A nice travertine is going down in a modular pattern pictures uploaded so far

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reply to Kitchen Floor Ply Base in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks