Search the forum,

Discuss Is this the best edge to expect on a cut ceramic tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've replied twice to the same thing there, I thought you'd replied again. I think the forum is glitching. So apologies for getting my shirt off there lol Thought you were basically saying the same again to me. :)

O

One Day

I'll give him 8.5 out of 10 for the mitres, 4 out of 10 for the cutting.
Even poorly glazed soft ceramics can be done cleanly with the right techniques and equipment.
Why the different grout around the trim? Is this already a second go?

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
No excuse for the chipping, just not using good tools or good practice.
A decent wet cutter will leave nearly a factory edge on soft ceramic.
A quality continuous rim blade on a grinder will do just as good with a steady hand.
A quality score and snap cutter with a wheel suitable for ceramic should be cutting with minimal chipping.
Even if the cutting tools let you down. A diamond pad, sanding block, or even the right grit of sandpaper will tidy the edge. All it takes is patience.
We see a lot worse in here, but your paying the bill, so if your not happy take IT up with him.
The customer has to take a part of the blame, but in my Veiw, you shouldn't advertise yourself to be able to do something you can't.

W

WetSaw

I had trouble with some of those mosaic looking tiles. The only way I could get a clean cut was with by wet cutting so every cut was done that way. Took longer but if that's the only way to get an acceptable finish so be it.

Reply to Is this the best edge to expect on a cut ceramic tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen