Discuss Ideas needed for storage in new van in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hello all. I hope you are all having a great weekend. I picked up my new (used) van yesterday. Transit custom l1h1. It has ply on sides but it’s a bit worn so I will be ripping that out.

I need some ideas tips etc on storage / racking for it.

Many thanks

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Blow the budget!

Always fancied this kind of set up, but always end up going with ply. :(

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
thank you for your replies...i will do some research on facebook...it won't be for a couple of weeks that I can actually do it anyway as my dad wants to help. He will love it

S

Spare Tool

Racked my custom out in 18mm ply built around the tools so they don't slide about, also bought a precut ply rack off eBay for bits n bob's, thought I had a pic but can't seem to find it, I'll get you a pic this aft..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We had that van storage company on the forums as a sponsor. Can't remember their name!!!! But they had loads of cool storage bins. (Was their firm called Van Bins or something?)

Have a look at those online. And if we do remember the name of the firm between us, I think they MAY give a discount still for forum members if you ask them nicely and say you found them from here.

But equally, have a look online on ebay and amazon for some.

Perhaps not heavily applicable to tilers but certainly plumbers and sparks who carry stock of tiny bits.

Also - Give lots and lots of thoughts to security! Hidey holes and false floors might be a way to stash valuable equipment. If you can put all your boxed tools flat on the floor and make a false step where a flap opens only when the back doors are both open, it cuts out those who rob vans from the weak side sliding doors etc. Which is most common entry point for theives it seems.

S

Spare Tool

Good idea that Dan, tool cover theft insurance is well worth getting, long as the van is locked and on my drive overnight it's covered, mine was an extra £100 with the van insurance..

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Here’s a couple of mine then, :)

DD250AF3-171E-4A64-8079-3A36CB970F0D.jpeg
24867D16-0627-4529-AE7E-3DCE7D38994D.jpeg

Just bought a sheet of 9mm ply and some batten, less than £50 I would say.

Reply to Ideas needed for storage in new van in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks