Discuss Hydroflouric acid drips on Victorian tile path in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Steve0280

Hi all.

Im working on a house with a Victorian tile path that leads from the front gate to the front door. I have used hydroflouric acid to clean the brickwork of the house however i have noticed some drips on the pathway that have dis coloured the tiles so you can see the drip marks. Is there anyway to remove this?

Thanks

Steve

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Really hydroflouric acid... where on earth were you able to buy that. It's highly toxic and eats through most container types including glass. This will eat through your tiles eventually and there is unlikely to be an easy fix. Do you mean hydrochloric acid (brick cleaner) which whilst still unpleasant is not nearly as dangerous. It will just eat the top surface of the tiles and there may be a way of restoring them.

Not much help I know but I'm really curious about the acid.

Reply to Hydroflouric acid drips on Victorian tile path in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks