Search the forum,

Discuss How long do you leave porcelain to dry before drilling etc in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LJD

Lucky it was a full tile that "popped ". I was fitting a V&B bathroom cabinet today. Adhesive is 3 days old. As I tightened it all up .I could here the tile "lift off" .very easy for me to re do etc .

But would have expected the adhesive to be good in that time ?

Thanks

L

LJD

Mapei Adesilix P9 . Will remove basin unit tomorrow . Then have a look. Client need to check heights etc .

Cheers for advice. I seem to get very good help here .

O

One Day

Something is very amiss, because if I'm not mistaken that adhesive is a rapid set! No way they should pop off after 3 days.
Give us some photos of the wall and the back of the tile... Will know better then.

L

LJD

In their spec sheet it does say the bed should be about 5mm I am using a 10mm trowel. wonder if the extra 2-3 mm when bedded is the issue ?

J

JohnMar79

What size were the tiles? Large format and limits of the adhesive as you say 5mm max bed recommended has probably contributed to it.

Reply to How long do you leave porcelain to dry before drilling etc in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen