Search the forum,

Discuss How long do you leave porcelain to dry before drilling etc in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

Were the tiles very cold before fixing?
Is the background waterproof?
Was your mix water clean?
Did you add more water to a mix which was already setting up?
Was the adhesive in date / stored correctly?
So many variables?

Tomorrow, check to see if some adhesive which is now uncovered, has hardened up.
Pics will be a big help.

J

JohnMar79

7mm bed thickness on a 300x300 seems a little on the thick side presume the walls weren't flat? Presume decent coverage on the back like 80% +. If so I'd day adhesive was too thick.

L

LJD

What also might have been the problem is the raw plugs and doing the brackets up .I wonder if by doing them too tight the rawplug was pulled from the wall "popping the tile " its only a theory , will see the truth tomorrow !!

L

LJD

Fresh water. No added water . fresh adhesive . Walls sealed with Mapei primer G . It was just old walls after the old tiles had been removed and the old adhesive cleaned off etc .

F

Flintstone

Your tile shouldn't pop off the wall no matter what you do with your rawl plug, and the bed depth hasn't caused this problem either, I can assure you that. I guess the tile will be clean, adhesive skinned over and no back butter

L

LJD

Good tiles and back buttered . Nothing to hide, going to answer all question correctly. Nothing like learning !

O

One Day

I've only had one issue with a rapid set going off VERY slowly and it was Topp's own brand by Palace. They weren't at all interested and it did eventually set.

D

Dumbo

I've only had one issue with a rapid set going off VERY slowly and it was Topp's own brand by Palace. They weren't at all interested and it did eventually set.
Yes but surely not three days .
Sounds like topps and they reckon they want to attract trade customers

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Last edited:

Reply to How long do you leave porcelain to dry before drilling etc in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen