Search the forum,

Discuss Hi... new member after advice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JJJimmy

Yes hammer on the edge and toilet directly in bath, luckilly no damage.

More i think about the job, the more annoyed its making me. Hes definitely not stepping foot in my flat again. I cant see how this job can be 'put right' without starting again.

Going to ask for refund, so i can get it sorted. If he refuses then ill be seeking legal and adding damages to the claim. What a headache, cowboy

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
1st sign....Price was pretty cheap for 2 floors...
2nd sign....Toilet placed in bath without any protection.. ( with hammer balancing)!
3rd sign... Tap Tap ... Hollow ..Hollow
Checkatrade may help.. failing that .. Legal is the way to go.

Reaction score
Legal is the way to go?
For £270?
For an odd-job man that you employed through a trades website.
For a price even you knew at the beginning that it was cheap, too cheap in fact, usually, when its too good to be true it... yep.

I think perhaps you've been stung by a oddjob chancer and its time to get over it and pay for the job to be done correctly by a TILER.

Lesson learned. Give him bad feedback on the website.
& next time get a quality tradesman.

Reply to Hi... new member after advice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen