Search the forum,

Discuss Help! Tiles cracking on new bathroom floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Slw

Hi guys, looking for some advice please!

We had a new bathroom with tiled floor installed in 2011. The floor was laid on 9mm ply(over existing chipboard floor) with electic UFH.

In August we had 2 tiles crack in the corner of the room - didn't get any worse at the time so didn't think much of it. Crack is only hairline, not deep at all.

Anout 2 months ago, another 2 tiles cracked at the doorway, again very slight hairline cracks.

Yesterday we noticed another 2 cracks which follow each other.

The adhesive used was flexible and there's no cracking in the grout.

We have asked the guys to come back and take a look but I don't hold out much hope of them rectifying it after 18 months. Can you make any suggestions as to what may be causing it? It's weird because every tile that has cracked is at the edge of the room and are tiles that are NEVER walked on due to their
location at the edges.

Thanks guys

Reply to Help! Tiles cracking on new bathroom floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen