Search the forum,

Discuss Hardiebacker onto terracotta hollow tile wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

A query about your comment..... the thought i have, is if normal plaster finish walls can only hold about 20kg psm, how can a dot and dabbed only boards hold more? For arguments sake, say the dot dabs made contact with 20% of the area of the boards, that implies that the dot/dab adhesive is over 5 times stronger than plaster, as its covering only a fifth of the area but holding more weight. Is my logic correct?
You have a good point. Plaster comes away from its background a 20 kg a metre whereas the paper separates from the gypsum core of plaster board at 32 kg a metre but as you point out you do not get a full coverage of the plasterboard when you bond it to the walls and this is probably why the likes of jackoboard ,marmox etc recommend additional mechanical fixings .

Reply to Hardiebacker onto terracotta hollow tile wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen