Search the forum,

Discuss Hardie backer in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

How much do you charge for supply & fit of Hardie backer boards on floors, Hardie 250, 6mm??

Client thinks I'm at it as they want to fit 6mm ply!!

I

Ian

I pay £8.38 for a board of HB, I charge by the hour to fit and £12 per board. So for an average 5 m2 bathroom floor I'll charge £48 for 5 boards and somewhere in the region of £90 to install them, including the SPF and screws.

B

Bubblecraft

I'm £28 per 1.08m2 onto concrete, £30 per 1.08m2 onto timber (glued & screwed) supplied & fitted

B

Bubblecraft

why more for Timber? ive always thought it easier on timber than concrete & im far too cheap for fitting..

Concrete is just put down with a standard rapid set. Timber is put down with a rapid flexi & screwed. Some people like to put it onto timber screwing only which in turn would work out cheaper than sticking onto concrete. I'm a glued & screwed man myself

S

Stef

Concrete is just put down with a standard rapid set. Timber is put down with a rapid flexi & screwed. Some people like to put it onto timber screwing only which in turn would work out cheaper than sticking onto concrete. I'm a glued & screwed man myself

Oh I glue & screw!!

I don't think I've ever fitted Hardie onto concrete when I think about it..

B

Bubblecraft

Why would you be putting hardibacker onto a concrete sub-floor ?

Never needed to but got a price for it if it ever came up lol.

I've stuck down Warmup boards onto concrete but generally SLC for me

Reply to Hardie backer in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen