Search the forum,

Discuss Granfix UltimateFlex - any good? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

Hi everyone, anybody had any experience with the Granfix UltimateFlex adhesive? I need to find an altrenative to Ardex-flex 7001 and I can get the Granfix locally.

All feedback, good and bad appreciated.:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have used Granfix (Some time ago) and didn't like it. Though when they had GranSpec that range was a bit different, and I did like it. Though I think think they've wrapped that bit up now (not sure on that).

That didn't help did it? lol

D

DHTiling

It's quite ok to use russ........very very flexible ...worth a go mate if thats all you can get out in the wooley backs...:):):)

D

Droopy

I am honestly not being biased here, but I am not a fan of it.
Yes it is VERY flexible, especialy for a single part, but it is not anywhere near as good to work with as the two part adhesives.

I always found it either too thin and too messy to work with. Or it was too thick and hard to trowel.

D

DHTiling

But if it's all that russ can get hold of james..it will do for now don't you agree.?..

Let's hope CTD take over that retail unit russ......

D

Droopy

But if it's all that russ can get hold of james..it will do for now don't you agree.?..

Let's hope CTD take over that retail unit russ......

Yes, it will do the job. I'm not knocking it's suitability, Dave.
I am just giving a purely personal opinion on how hard I found it to work with.

D

Droopy

I found it like spreading chewing gum..:(.......but by god did it stick......

:yes:

I tiled my worktops with 600x600 porc a couple of years back, and stuck them with ultimateflex.
Just last weekend I changed the worktop. And what a job I had getting the old one apart. In the end up I left the tiles on the chipbaord, and cut the screws holding the chipboard to the units.

D

DHTiling

:yes:

I tiled my worktops with 600x600 porc a couple of years back, and stuck them with ultimateflex.
Just last weekend I changed the worktop. And what a job I had getting the old one apart. In the end up I left the tiles on the chipbaord, and cut the screws holding the chipboard to the units.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:......:mad2:

D

Droopy

:lol::lol::lol::lol:......:mad2:

Hey don't you start.
I had my missus take the mick all that day,
"See if you had just been like those cowboys, you would have been finished by now...".

I was very nearly off the wagon that day alright...:8::yes:

Reply to Granfix UltimateFlex - any good? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
On the final stretch of this lengthy project and would love to hear your views on Flexible...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen