Search the forum,

Discuss Good Angle Grinder Blade For Cutting Porcelain Tile in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

EdMac

TF
Reaction score
Just wondering what I should expect to pay for a good blade to cut porcelain tiles? It'll be a 4.5" blade to fit my grinder.

The guy in one of the local tile shops showed me a £30 blade he "sells to all the professional tilers." I've seen a diamond edged blade in toolstation for £3. But I know you get what you pay for - there must be an upper limit where there's no value add it's just extra cost.

Can someone recommend a good blade that will be available in a local retailer - screwfix / toolstation etc.? (my tiles are 59x59 porcelain and from memory either 9mm or 12mm thick)

Also they tend to be thin blades are they typically mounted with a backing plate?

Reply to Good Angle Grinder Blade For Cutting Porcelain Tile in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen