Search the forum,

Discuss Geometric Tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

siworsley

Hi Folks, new to the forum, so apologies if I've added a post thats been on before.

Spending far too much money on taking a modern house back to its Victorian roots, however the last thing to go is black & white geometric tiles in the hallway. Approx 1m in width and 4.5metre in length.

Looking for any recommendations or anyone who fancies quoting for the work (I hope this does not break the forum rules and if so let me know and I will sort it) I live in Knutsford in Cheshire. I have done some floor tiling in the past but i've got to admit defeat with this, I want it to look right :) 75mmx75mm squares (black and white) in the centre with two borders - 151x24mm tile and a 151x75mm.

I have 3/4 ply and will fit it securely over existing floor boards and there is a little bit of concrete at the bottom of the stairs (metre x metre) that i can either glue the ply over or screed (I will be led by the experts on that).

I have done some shopping about and can get the tiles from Edinburgh Tile Co for the most competitive price even with delivery.

Any suggestions/quotes/recommendations for fitting greatly appreciated had two quotes already - £*** (said he had done it once before - which left me somewhat nervous) and £*** (which I thought was a tad steep) Any advice or comments welcome.

Thanking you in advance for your time
Very best wishes
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

lets be honest the £*** qoute is unrealistic and deep down you know this ,the higher quote is more realistic, does this price include the materials ?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

siworsley

Nice one Daz, have seen Phil's posts before, tried to PM him but his inbox is full :( had a couple of people get in touch, if you speak to Phil on here let him know i'm trying to get in touch.
Very best wishes
Simon

S

siworsley

lets be honest the £*** qoute is unrealistic and deep down you know this ,the higher quote is more realistic, does this price include the materials ?

Gary, did not realise you could not mention £££ on here, but yes your right the lower of the two prices was too good to be true, and after questioning him thats why he did not get the job. Thanks for your comments.

Cheers
Simon

Reply to Geometric Tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen