Search the forum,

Discuss Floor prep for a large garage in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F430

TF
Reaction score
Ok need some help on this one please if you can.

I have built a oversize 3 car garage 9 meters wide by around 6.5 deep. The floor is a 150mm concrete slab with re-bar built on compacted hardcore, there is a 1200 gauge damp proof membrane all standard stuff.

Now the finish was a "floated" finish when laid but due to it being open to the elements for the last few years around 30% of the surface has blow for want of a better word, you can see the aggregate and it is quite rough cast in appearance. This is due in part to the surface not being 100% flat and water pooling the freezing.

So here is my question, i plan on tiling the whole area with porcelain tiles so need to prep the floor. I have quite a bit of tiling experience so tiling is not my worry so to speak, what i do have a problem or should i say lack of experience in is self leveling an area this big ! yes i have done a few small bathrooms kitchens etc but nothing on this scale.

I have thought about getting someone it to lay a screed over it all but to be honest i don't want to raise the floor by the 50mm i presume they want to lay?

Can anyone give me some pointers please.

Reply to Floor prep for a large garage in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen