Search the forum,

Discuss few questions on building a wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

roberto1490

hi guys, i'm going to be installing my own wetroom in a few weeks time. to say i've done alot of research on the subject would be an understatement. i just want to clarify a few points so i don't get this horribly wrong. i'm going to be installing an Impey Aqua-dec 800 x 1500 22mm tray.

1. i'm taking up the floorboards and replacing them with WBP plywood, however i can only get 18mm or 25mm plywood. should i use 22mm and raise the tray using 3mm plywood or use 18mm and use 4mm hardiback board to bring the floor flush with the tray?

2. am i right in thinking i use durabase ci matting on the floor and durabase wp membrane on the walls?

3. i'll be using Warm up underfloor heating matting system, can i use the matting in the shower area? if so, when drilling into the floor to install the shower screen how would i avoid the heating elements so as not to damage them?

4. can i use textured stone tiles on the floor in the shower area?

5. will the warm up matting system bend round corners to lay in rows to fill the whole floor?

thanks in advance for any help.

M

mikethetile

Hiya

18mm wbp for the floor

I would nt run the ufh into the shower area, tiles quickly reach room temperature so as long as the air is warm the tiles in the shower area wont be cold

order the mats to the sizes you need them so you will be using seperate mats for different sections of the floor, these all wire into the same control so its not an issue

as far as I know you can use stone to floor the shower base but if im wrong the stone experts will correct me:thumbsup:

Reply to few questions on building a wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen